Thursday, April 1, 2010

Update on my Podcast!!!

Oops...forgot to update on time...

Okay, so I'll tell you where I was Monday, then tell you what happened last night.

I decided over Spring Break that I cannot get others to help with voices because I was in Alamogordo and my parents or sister weren't going to help (but I didn't ask). So my original idea was going to be hard because I'm not great at voices. So I've been into survival in the wild and watching shows like that lately. I think it's a message from someone. My magazines I subscribed to recently all sent me survival issues (which is weird considering they're Popular Mechanics and Popular Science, and Outdoor Living which is understandable). I've also been watching Lost and Survivorman. So my new idea is a man that survives a plane crash and must survive in a jungle until help arrives.

I had almost all my sounds (on Monday) but visited CMI after the break to get more sounds from SoundMiner. I didn't have any of my voice recordings (but did those soon after). I laid out the first minute which includes the plane burning and some explosions. (It didn't change much in the final).

Now, last night was hell.

I had almost it all entirely laid out and added in my voice recordings that I had recorded. I decided to get rid of one simple sound so I had to shift everything over (a pain in Garageband). Then while working on my sound levels, I noticed ALL of my voice recordings after the shift point lost the last word and so all just suddenly stopped mid-sentence. And I couldn't undo or go back to a save. I nearly through my computer.

So I sat there for hours trying to figure out how to fix it without rerecording EVERYTHING. Finally, I tried to figure out what else opens a Garageband file and found out Apple's more professional program Logic Pro opens it. So, I have Logic Pro thankfully, and opened it. This more powerful program allowed me to drag the ends of every recording to re-include the last word. Thank you!!! So it was fixed. But I was up late.

I think it turned out great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home